vpn?

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Mon Feb 1 16:19:48 UTC 2010

01.02.2010 16:17, Gary Kirkpatrick:

> Well I have no office to tell me anything.  Just little old me.  So
> maybe a vpn is not what i need at all.
>
> So what I want to be able to do is, for example, convince say Pandora,
> that I am in the US when in fact I am in Panama.  pandora does not
> allow you to use their site if you are not in the US.

IMO, if pandora (whatever that may be) doesn't want you to access their
site, you should respect their wish.

Anyway, if that's all what you want to do, installing a web proxy on a
machine in the US should be enough. Maybe it's not even necessary that
you install one yourself. Look, for example, here:
http://proxy.org/

--
Regards
  mks