running windows boot partition in ubuntu

Noah noah-list at
Mon Feb 1 06:21:38 UTC 2010

what I want to do is run the XP partition that I have already installed.
  Like run the applications and Have access to the file system.  I
suppose that is virtualbox.  But the virtualbox solution proposed
requires me to create a new partition and reinstall all the software again.

Is there a way to run the already installed XP inside virtualbox?  Is
there a way to do that?  Or do I need to create a completely new guest?