32 or 64??

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Mon Feb 1 00:14:34 UTC 2010

On 01/31/2010 03:01 PM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Well I have a proper CPU and 1 GB of ram. So I will buy 2 more
> GB in one package and try 3 GB with 64 bit.

Why would you do that if everything works to your satisfaction?
Tinkering for it's own sake?  I say if it works, then do something
useful with it and only upgrade when needed . . .

Of course, that's just me:

patton at Mycroft:~$ lsb_release -dc
Codename:    hardy
patton at Mycroft:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model name"
model name    : Mobile Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz
patton at Mycroft:~$ cat /proc/meminfo | grep MemTotal
MemTotal:       774692 kB