Bittorrent problem with Transmission

chicharras chicharras at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 17:08:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:28 PM,  <lziegler at unix.csbsju.edu> wrote:
> I have this problem with bittorrent using Transmission.
>
> I used to have no problems and it worked fine. However, it appears my isp
> has now blocked all the usual ports to allow me to share the torrented
> files with others. Is there a way around this? Do I need to use another
> app? Is there some way to tunnel through the usual ports and make it work?
> (Note: there is no problem with downloading, only uploading.)
>
> Lynn

If you think your ISP is throttling bittorrent traffic, I do not
believe changing ports will help you.
You are going to have to activate protocol encryption.
Maybe you can start here:
http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-encrypt-bittorrent-traffic/
But first make sure you are not firewalled and if you are behind a NAT
router, make sure you are forwarding the correct port(s) to the
correct IP you are using.

HTH.
Cesar