recursively count the words occurrence in the text files

Jonesy gmane at jonz.net
Thu Dec 30 23:53:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:15:58 -0800, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

>>> It could be that we've been doing his homework for weeks.
>>
>> ...and the Debian list has been doing the same for the exact same
>> questions.
>>
> This is why I frequently answer with what most others consider
> obnoxious comments like STFW, RTFM, DYOH (that's Do Your Own Homework)
> and the like, or just ignore the postings.

Speaking as an ex-adjunct professor in "Computer Science", I would urge
folks to answer such homework questions with 400-500 level solutions.
Even the most oblivious instructor in the 100-200 level classes will see
that it is not Original Work.

E.g.;
When it's a 'script' request, offer a convoluted (working) perl solution.

HNY
Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones    | jonz          | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.24N  104.55W  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2