Windows key mapping

Thomas Blasejewicz thomas at s7.dion.ne.jp
Wed Dec 29 10:59:12 UTC 2010

(2010/12/29 1:17), Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> Den 2010-12-28 15:56:19 skrev Thomas Blasejewicz<thomas at s7.dion.ne.jp>:
>
>> Good evening
>> I would like to assign a number of keyboard shortcuts to the "Win key",
>> which is otherwise idle under Ubuntu.
> Idle?? I use that key all the time for a lot of stuff, mostly
> Compiz-Fusion stuff, and it works perfectly. I have done so since Ubuntu
> 7.04.
>
> Just don't forget to set the Win/Alt key options to:
> ”Super is mapped to the Win keys”
I don't want to be awkward, but I am looking at:
Keyboard preferences - Layouts - Layout options - "Alt/Win key behavior"
And the ONLY item where "super" appears is:
"Alt is mapped to Right Win, Super to Menu"
Otherwise I can see nowhere any such item as "Super is mapped to Win Keys".

Am I looking in the wrong place?
Also, I tried to "map the Win key" to Hyper, or Meta (not knowing what
those are), but that has no effect.
On the notebook I use with 10.04 the setting is to Default and works.
What else could I try?