Why are my links going in the wrong place?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 18:34:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 18:07, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I don't understand what you mean.  You are using
> ln -s link target/
> that is the 3rd form in the man page which means create a symbolic
> link to 'link' in the directory 'target/'.  Is that not what you are
> seeing?

I now understand that is what the man page means. But I took it to
mean that link would be a link in pwd _to_ the target directory. It's
no bother, really, I just need to remember the reverse-for-me order of
the arguments. No big deal, as it doesn't clobber anything if I get it
wrong.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il