Why are my links going in the wrong place?

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Tue Dec 28 15:46:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 23:26:21 +0800, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> For some reason it seems that symbolic links are being created in the
> target directory, instead of the current directory. Why? What am I
> doing wrong?
.
.
.
> ✈ecd:test$ ln -s ./link target/
> ln: creating symbolic link `target/link': File exists
> ✈ecd:test$
> Why? What am I doing wrong?

Dotan, just a quick workaround and others can help with the commands..
Understand you are using kubuntu, and I use the following easy way, not
sure about nautilus if you're using that.

At Dolphin, drag the file, right mouse button and drop to the required
directory, release the button and there will be a context with a choice of
copy, move or syslink.
I use these all the time and I've forgotten about the ln commands.

Cheers - Goh Lip
--
I used to have an open mind,
but my brains kept falling out.