openvpn

Nataraj incoming-ubuntu at rjl.com
Tue Dec 28 03:53:39 UTC 2010

On 12/27/2010 03:10 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two openvpn site configs. I have configured openvpn in daemon
> mode and it needs to be restarted automatically while bootup. I am
> always faced with the below situation.
> and then i need to restart it manually.
>
> Dec 27 16:24:26 kaushal-laptop ovpn-sjc2[1287]: script failed:
> external program exited with error status: 1
> Dec 27 16:24:26 kaushal-laptop ovpn-sjc2[1287]: Exiting
>
> Please suggest/guide
>
> Thanks
>
> Kaushal

Is your openvpn logging  through syslog or to a seperate log file (an
option in the config file)?  I would check to see if openvpn has logged
any errors.   Other than that, if it starts and runs fine after the
system is up, then it must be starting too early in the boot sequence
and you might need to use an upstart config file to make it start after
other processes that it might depend on.

Nataraj