Interesting read about the future of Ubuntu

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Mon Dec 27 02:07:42 UTC 2010

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 07:56:43 +0800, Avi Greenbury
<avismailinglistaccount at googlemail.com> wrote:

> - I included the
> 'quite' to temper pedants such as us[0]

Since this thread has quite (somewhat) gone OT, I am quite (very) sure you
guys wont' mind, I've find the word 'quite' quite (rather) confusing. As a
non-native english speaker, there are words with multiple meanings, or
double entendres, which is quite (very) alright; but to have a word with
contradictory meanings is quite (somewhat) unacceptable, because I'll have
to guess in which context it was intended for. (Never end sentence with
preposition? - then .....intended for, guys.  :) and "Never start a
sentence with 'never'?"  ha ha ha)

Regards - Goh Lip

ps: I confess I'm having loads of fun with the english language, perhaps
at quite (guess!) the same level as you guys with the english signs
displayed at non-english speaking countries. But as usual, just quite good
natured ribbing; nothing serious to take offense with, I hope. ('I hope'
added in so as not to end the sentence with 'with')

And Merry Christmas! (over? how was I to know?)

--
All your engrish are belong to us.