10.10 not recognizing dvd player

G. pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 22:19:24 UTC 2010

I have an HP G62 notebook running 11.04.  When I start Ubuntu with a
DVD/CD in the drive, file manager lists the device.  If I eject the
cd/dvd and insert another, file manager does not list the device.  I
think that if I insert a cd or dvd after booting, then it will list
the first one but not others.  I have tried video dvd's first and data
cd's second and vice versa, with the same result as aforementioned.
These same dvds and cds work in Windows 7.

Any advice would be appreciate.

Happy holidays

gary