Interesting read about the future of Ubuntu

Sat Dec 25 15:03:54 UTC 2010

Doug wrote:
>                        I think the folks behind Debian are nuts--they
> won't even let you have Firefox or Thunderbird.  (Just this evening I
> read about some difficulty someone was having with Deb's imitation
> T-bird.)

That's not really true. You have Thunderbird, Firefox and Seamonkey in
all but name and picture. The codebase is identical, each can be
invoked by their mozilla name; it's just the pictures and the name in
the title bar that changes. I think even the user agent string has
reverted now, but I'm not sure - either it's reverted or it's no longer
any bother.

--
Avi