Installing Drivers for Lexmark 1200 Series Printer

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Dec 24 15:20:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-24 at 10:03 -0500, Raeven Cogan wrote:
> To begin, please excuse me for my incompetence. Secondly, I have
> searched for a solution prior to asking you guys but I was unable to
> resolve my problem.
>
> My problem is this, I have just switched to Ubuntu and my model
> printer (See Subject) is not listed. I remember reading in a tutorial
> that it was possible to use one of the generic drives; however, I am
> clueless as to which one to chose. When I selected "search for a
> printer drive there were no drives available. I still have the
> installation CD so I have considered providing a PPD file; but again,
> past opening the CD I have no idea how to locate the file.

Hi

When I go to

http://www.openprinting.org/printers?action=search

and try and find the model you mention, there is no exact match.

This web site is always the first port of call to determine the
compatibility of any printer with Linux.  Those listed 'Perfectly' or
'Mostly' will nearly always be available in Ubuntu.  You will struggle
to get 'Partially' and 'Paperweight' working.

Tony