Npn OSS VirtualBox key issues

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 19:40:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 8:39 AM, stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
> I have one machine that is on 10.20 (my laptop), and a number of machines
> till on 10.04, since it is a LTS. I amusing Virtualbox )non OSS version) on
> several of the production machines, and I need to get it autodownloaded, so
> that when the LTS machine upgradee to a new kernel version things do not
> stop working.

I'll take a tab in the dark and assume that you meant 10.10....

Are you asking how to make VB rebuild it's libraries so when a new
kernel is installed it will come back automagically?  Without dkms
support, I'm not sure you can do this.  I use the non-OSS VB also, and
I haven't found way to make it rebuild automatically either even
though it claims to be dkms-setup.

OTOH, I recall I updated to the latest kernel yesterday an didn't see
any problem bringing VB back up after the install.