Drawing circuit diagrams

Thomas Kaiser ubuntu at kaiser-linux.li
Thu Dec 23 16:19:30 UTC 2010

On 12/22/2010 09:30 PM, David Fletcher wrote:
> I used qcad to design the aluminium case for my mini server project.
> It's not a problem for me right now because it's the only project I've
> used it on, but I was unable to find any means of exporting the modules
> I made up in that drawing.
>
> So, for instance, if I'm making another drawing in the future, for which
> I need a mini-ITX motherboard, I won't be able to import it from my mini
> server project, which is a right PITA. Unless the facility has been
> added to the version installed with Maverick? I don't know - I've not
> tried it yet.
>
> Dave

You can copy from one drawing to an other or make a block of the parts
you need.

Copy;
Edit -> Copy (CTRL-C)
Select the part and press the right arrow on the left side
choose reference point
switch to the other drawing (Window -> ....)
Edit -> Paste (CTRl-V)
Place the drawing where you want

Block:
Select the parts from your drawing
Block -> Add Block
Give it a name
And you have the block on the right side
After that, make a template with all your blocks...

Hope this helps.

Thomas