About programming, a general question

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 00:55:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Doug Robinson <dkrr at telus.net> wrote:

> Which one is simplest.

Python
> Which has the best tutorial.

Probably Python

> Which one has the best manual.

Python

> Which one is known by a friend who would help me.

Subjective. YMMV.

> Which language has the best instructors, if you are going to have one.

YMMV - I'd say Python.

> Do not expect that the language you start out with is the only one for
> you. It
> could take a while to settle on a final choice; then a new one will come
> along and
> you have to start over again.

Having learned one, the rest are (comparatively) easy.

> I loved it while I was still doing it. Oh - Fortran II was easy to forget!

Modula II, Rexx, Fortran, 6502, 68K. Lisp.

Wherever you go, the road is painful at first - thereafter it becomes
an easy trail. You just have to take the first steps. This is why
these questions are so hard to give an answer to - it all depends on
your mindset.

Be strong - your fu will keep your kung on the boil.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0