Drawing circuit diagrams

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 22 08:30:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 15:28 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> I want to put some simple circuit diagrams on web pages (or at least
> accessible from web pages) so I'm looking for a drawing program that is
> either easy to add circuit symbols to or has them already.
>
> I was going to use dia but whenever I try to actually use it I don't
> find it's as easy as it should be, I've Google'd a bit and found
> xcircuit which is quite a nice program but the mouse/keyboard usage is
> so non-standard it would take me ages to get used to it.

for drawing circuit diagrams in the past, I've usually either used Dia,
but as you've already tried that, the only other program i use is
oregano (available from synaptic).

oregano is supposed to also have some simulation capabilities as well,
but they've never really worked right for me... but for simple circuits
its easy to build them up in oregano, then screenshot them and save it
that way. Did that for notes in class all the time.

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew