Logo question..

Maxime Alarie malarie at processia.com
Mon Dec 20 20:12:53 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of C de-Avillez
Sent: 20 December 2010 11:37
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Logo question..

On 12/20/2010 10:24 AM, Maxime Alarie wrote:

> Not really related to tech support, but  I am creating a small
> drupal blog/website about Ubuntu in General.   I was wondering if
> someone knows if  one can use  an unmodified  Ubuntu Logo   on a
> blog/website ?

You should check the official Rules of The Game for logos and artworks
[1] and, most directly, the trademark policy [2].

Cheers,
..C..

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Official
[2] http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy

Thank you, I have found this article on the links you provided,
basically it says I can use them, but cant modify them, which is okay
with me, anyways I cant even draw a circle using mspaint, here is what
the artivcle says:

Logo usage guidelines
Our logos are presented in multiple colours and it is important that
their visual integrity be maintained. It is therefore preferable that
the logos only be used in their standard form but if you should feel the
need to alter them in any way you should keep the following guidelines
in mind. It should also be borne in mind that the more you wish to vary
our logos from their standard form the smaller is the chance that we
will be able to approve your proposed use.
If presented in multiple colours, the logo should only use the
"official" logo colours.
You may use transparency and gradient/depth tools but should retain the
"official" colours.
A monochrome version may be acceptable in certain situations, if the use
requires it (e.g. desktop backgrounds).
Any scaling must retain the original proportions of the logo.