Registering web browser with update-alternatives

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 10:40:13 UTC 2010

Hi all, I need to set the default web browser on a Kubuntu 10.10
install as a script in /home/user. How can I add that script, so that
update-alternatives might let me use it? Thanks!

✈ecd:.bin$ update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
There are 5 choices for the alternative x-www-browser (providing
/usr/bin/x-www-browser).

  Selection    Path                    Priority   Status
* 0            /usr/bin/google-chrome   150       auto mode
  1            /usr/bin/firefox         40        manual mode
  2            /usr/bin/google-chrome   150       manual mode
  3            /usr/bin/konqueror       100       manual mode
  4            /usr/bin/opera           90        manual mode
  5            /usr/bin/rekonq          40        manual mode

Press enter to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number:

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com