Has the Code Of Conduct changed? ...again?

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Mon Dec 20 03:48:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 05:13:03 +0800, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> Your missing the diff file
>> (you're, BTW)
> - Your
> + You're

Heh heh heh, allow me a light-hearted whining...
Being on this mailing list has made me a much slower reader of (english
language) publications. I find I have to pause at every 'your' and
'you're' (and others as well) to see if they mean exactly what is written.
(Huffington post, CNN, Cablegates <by diplomats> made similar mistakes too)
Being a non-native english speaker, I wonder if this affects the natives
too.  :)

And to keep this message non-OT, here's good reading (or reread) on
guidance of mailing-list conduct.
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#goal

Cheers - Goh Lip

--
If you understand, things are just as they are;
if you do not understand, things are just as they are.