Has the Code Of Conduct changed? ...again?

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 19 13:34:17 UTC 2010

On 19 December 2010 13:11, Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard at mindspring.com> wrote:
> [...]
> Today I offered this on the launchpad bug site:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-codeofconduct/+bug/689893 :
>
> As the OP
> <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2010-December/236770.html>
> I consider it my duty to at least offer a possible solution to what I
> perceive as the wording problems in the Code Of Conduct that confuse
> the difference between users and developers in the Ubuntu community.
> In light of that consideration, here is my own version of the Code,
> (maybe) properly revised with some deletions, some changes and some
> re-distribution.  Please read and consider these changes critically:
>
> Ubuntu Code of Conduct - 1.0.1_Cybe R. Wizard_revision
>
> = Ubuntu Code of Conduct =
>
> [snipped lots of good stuff]

Excellent work Cybe.  It is incredibly ironic that others in this same
thread continue to rant and rave at each other in direct contravention
of your suggestions.  (That is not correct is it, one cannot
contravene a suggestion, but you know what I mean).  Let us hope they
realise the error of their ways and take their arguments off list.

Colin