Has the Code Of Conduct changed? ...again?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 18 08:47:18 UTC 2010

On 18/12/2010 18:42, Nick Edwards wrote:
> The CoC is a toothless tiger" that are not members of the lists, and,
> it becomes "a joke" if you think it can be said to apply to "users of
> ubuntu" who are not members of the lists. it is like the U.S. govt
> trying to force its laws again non citizens, non residents - a
> complete farce that makes them the laughing stock of the western world
> (in ref to what they tried to do to Wikileaks founder)

To make sure that you and I are seeing things in the same light, one
cannot be a "member[s] of this list[s]" unless you subscribe to
this/these [Ubuntu] list[s] and are accepted as a subscriber.

You cannot suddenly post to this list, for example, unless you first
subscribe to it.

This list is a not a *public* list such as a Usenet newsgroup.

When you subscribe to this mail list you are (may be) given permission
to access this list, which is also moderated by someone like Alan Pope.

This list has rules to be followed, unlike the Usenet newsgroups.

And in any case, I see no connection with what is happening here with
what "the U.S. govt [is] trying to force its laws....". Can you see some
connection between the two situations which I fail to see?

BC

--
"Everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die."