File system mount order

Rongcong Luo luorongcong at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 08:42:37 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 17 December 2010 10:13, Rongcong Luo <luorongcong at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a quite simple question, how can I specify the mount order of
>> the partitions on startup?
>>
>> I've tried to edit fstab(5), put the /dev/sda11's line before the
>> /dev/sda6's line. but according to /var/log/syslog file,  it turns out
>> sda6 still has been mounted before sda11.
>>
>> More exactly, I find those partitions (except /) were mounted in
>> random order on startup. Is this have any way to specify this order?
>
> Can I ask why?
Because of this a bug --
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mountall/+bug/587995
I don't want to copy /usr/bin/find to /bin to work this around,
because I think change the mount order would be a better way to do.

After I found out that I can't change the mount order, I edited
/etc/init/mounted-tmp.conf according to this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mountall/+bug/523587/comments/5