logout/shutdown applet

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 16 22:58:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:53:47 -0500
David Curtis wrote:

> I could be wrong but a cursory glance at the 'indicator-session' applet
> makes me think this is what you require. It also seems to me that the
> default applet that you are unhappy with is actually called 'indicator-me'

Thanks, but this is baffling. I don't see an applet called
'indicator-me', and doing a search in the 'add to panel' window doesn't
locate it, although Synaptic tells me that it's installed. In the 'add to
panel' window I just have 'indicator applet' and 'indicator applet session'.
There is a separate 'logout' applet but that only switches user or logs out.

I think the 'indicator-session' applet is the same as the one I'm referring
to as 'indicator applet session', and installing this gives a switch with
the options I require, but it also installs the superfluous stuff about
chat accounts plus the login name, and there doesn't seem to be a
configuration option to remove the latter.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources