dependency problems prevent configuration of kiwix

Tomas A. Ramirez Andujar tramirez at educamaguey.rimed.cu
Thu Dec 16 16:21:12 UTC 2010

Hello list,

I am trying to install kiwix offline, I do not have internet access but I
have de 10.10 repository, so when I try to install
kiwix_0.9-alpha6_i386.deb, this is what happens when I try to install it.

dpkg -i kiwix_0.9-alpha6_i386.deb

(Reading database ... 143098 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace kiwix 0.9-alpha6 (using kiwix_0.9-alpha6_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kiwix ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of kiwix:
 kiwix depends on xapian-tools; however:
  Package xapian-tools is not installed.
 kiwix depends on liblzma1; however:
  Package liblzma1 is not installed.
 kiwix depends on libmicrohttpd5; however:
  Package libmicrohttpd5 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing kiwix (--install):
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Processing triggers for python-gmenu ...
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/desktop.en_US.utf8.cache...
Processing triggers for python-support ...
 kiwix

------
Tomas Alberto Ramirez-Andujar, MSC, PA
DESEDUC - Diseño de  Sistemas de Información
Universidad de Ciencias Pedagógicas José Martí
Camaguey - Cuba - Linux 269501 / Ubuntu 32743