Windows question [ot]

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 16 11:30:48 UTC 2010

On 16 December 2010 09:43, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 16/12/2010 17:19, Doug wrote:
>> Can anyone reading this suggest a similar list for Windows 7?  Most
>> so-called "Help" menus in Windows are not useful.  (Specific complaint:
>> frequent crashes of Windows Explorer.)  --Thanx. doug
>
> If I was in any way interested in your post I would ask, "What the heck
> are you talking about when you ask about 'suggest a similar list for
> Windows 7?'" and also then in the rest of your post such as, "Specific
> complaint: frequent crashes of Windows Explorer."
>
> What does any of this have anything to do with Ubuntu?

The guy is saying that this is such a superbly helpful list full of
friendly people ready to give up their time to help those in trouble
that he wondered whether anyone here might know of such a list for
Windows users.  I would suggest that regular contributors should
accept this as a compliment.

@OP, sorry I can't help.  The only suggestion I can make to avoid
crashes in Windows is the obvious one, don't use windows.
Unfortunately that is not always possible.

Colin