Headset and Mic

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 04:52:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 9:57 AM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 12/15/2010 07:11 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 06:12 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> >>
> >> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:22 AM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >>         On 12/13/2010 03:39 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> >>         >
> >>         > $
> >>         > System Information
> >>         >        Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
> >>         >        Product Name: Vostro 1014
> >>         >        Version: Not Specified
> >>         >

> >>         Isn't this similar repeat of your March post?
> >>         <http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/212682>
> >>         [Headphones doesnot mute speakers on jaunty. (9.04)]
> >>
> >>         Have you actually had a look at:
> >>         <
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/477154?comments=all
> >

> >>         I FINALLY got mine sorted out with the help of David
> >>         Henningsson (unlike
> >>         unamed other on 477154 didn't seem to have a clue)
> >
> > I guess you expect clairvoyance on the list to be included? Man up and
> > just say who disappointed you being clueless. If you had a clue, you
> > wouldn't be wasting ink here asking questions you could've googled for.
> > Ric
>
> I guess that you might work on your attribution skills...
>
> Probably what you should have asked & attributed was:
>
> > Hi  NoOp
> >
> > Thanks a Lot. It worked like a charm.
> >
> > Appreciate it
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Kaushal
>
> and asked: "what specifically worked?"
>
> Note to Kaushal: What specifically worked for you?

Hi NoOp

Apologies for not explaining the resolution.

I followed --> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1457859.html

I added this line --> options snd-hda-intel model=dell-vostro position_fix=0
enable=yes in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
and rebooted and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again.

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushal