Interesting recovery frustrations

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 15 22:34:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:07:13 -0800
MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> uestions that arise from this for me are:
>
> 1. First and foremost, why do we have such an unbelievably arcane
> method of influencing or controlling the boot process?  There isn't a
> single facility to display what grub will do or what its settings are
> other than to read the fairly complex set of files used to generate
> the grub.cfg file.  Even something as simple as a
> grub-show-me-what-the-heck-yo're-going-to-do-on-the-next-boot is not
> available.

Grub Customizer - A graphical Grub2/BURG configuration application

Grub Customizer is a graphical interface to configure the grub2/burg
settings with focus on the individual list order - without losing the
dynamical behavior of grub - also usable on live cds.
Settings like the background or timeouts are also changeable using
Grub Customizer.

It's in, "Main."

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Duct Tape: Turns "No! No! No!" Into "MMM! MMM! MMM!"