Lost session

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 19:49:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 8:22 AM, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:

> I tried this in UB - set up a new user, B, switched to it, and opened
> Opera. Since this was an 'extension' of Opera, I switched back to user
> A to see what I wanted to 'extend'. BUT - when I switched back to user
> A, it didn't 'switch', but gave me a new login screen just as one
> would have at the beginning.

First, I'm not entirely clear what UB is - I'd guess Ubuntu, but don't
know what the "B" part is or what release you're running.

As it happens, this morning I had to do just that, and although it
LOOKED like a whole new login, it wasn't really - when I "logged" back
in as the previous user from the current user's login, it went right
back to my screenaver.

Are you *sure* you lost all your windows, workspaces, etc. or did it
just look that way?

Are you sure you didn't log out as opposed to switching users?  It's
easy to do if your mouse or <return> are quicker than the hand....