Some strange behaviour

James p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 00:26:37 UTC 2010

Hi Guys

I'm experiencing some strange behaviour with Ubuntu 10.04 on my
eee pc 701. What's happening is that after a short while the title bar of
any given open window will start to flash.  If I click on the task bar to
choose another window then the icon on the task bar for that window
will flash. If I exit all apps then what appears is a windown opening and
closing on the desktop so quickly that I can't even get to it. It doesn't
appear to have any contents. Rather just a blank minimal window as
small as it can be to get the 3 icons to close, minimise and maximise it.
I have made a few mods to the system so likely I messed up a little. I've
been trying to save room on the system as it's main drive is only 4gig.
So far I managed to move the home directory to an 8gig sd card. I
uninstalled compiz, have installed a number of window managers.
Thought lubuntu might have been the culprit so uninstalled it and still
the same. I'm happy to try and supply any info that might be usefull in
taking the prob

Thx in advance
James