virtualising an existing server using VirtualBox

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at arinet.org
Sun Dec 12 23:46:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:55 AM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Note: I do still have multiple VirtualBox installs, but the more that I
> use VMWare Player, the more I like it. I'm in the process now of
> converting 3 VB machines over to VMWare.

The only downsides are:
- Need to re-run the vmware setup everytime there is kernel patch on
the host. Won't be a problem most of the time, only VM downtime.
Virtualbox seems not affected by kernel patch.
- If somehow we want to move the VM to another host, we must make sure
the virtualization feature in the BIOS of the host is similar.