currently no audio output - troubleshooting audio

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sun Dec 12 23:07:42 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 14:50 -0800, Noah wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have an ASUS Motherboard with built in audio and I am trying to get it
> to work with by ubuntu.  the same machine with XP the audio works fine
> so that takes the motherboard and speakers out of the question.
>
> Noah

You'll need to give the model number of the board.

I've got an Asus board that's about three years old on which the audio
won't work for me, or at least it didn't work with Hardy or whatever I
was using before. It was easier to switch the on board audio off and
just plug in a PCI sound card.

But on the new board I bought just a couple of weeks ago the audio seems
to work perfectly, at least the main line out for the desktop speakers
does. We've not tried any of the other outputs or any of the inputs yet.

Dave