named service fail

Jonathan Matthews contact at jpluscplusm.com
Fri Dec 10 18:33:59 UTC 2010

On 8 December 2010 12:24, jiten jha <jitenjha11 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> when i am going to restart or stop named service then itĀ  promptĀ  me "rndc:
> connect failed connection refused error" .
> I search on google but not getting any good answer. So please help me to
> solve this problem ASPS.

ASPS? Aspergers Syndrome? Whatever. It's not this list's job to fix
your problems "ASAP", especially with such vague information as you
provided. Reading http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
will give you a clue about how to get results from people who
voluntarily give up their time, such as the readers of this list.

As for your problem: I don't believe you searched at all.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ubuntu+%22rndc%3A+connect+failed+connection+refused+error%22

The first link describes a variety of things you can try.

Jonathan