CPU frequency went down

A. Kromic akromic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 01:48:59 UTC 2010

On 09/12/10 01:36, Mark wrote:
> Perhaps your CPU is not 100% Intel/AMD compatible?

Uhm... since it is an Intel CPU, it would be quite strange :)  The CPU
in question is specifically:
> vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
> cpu family    : 6
> model        : 15
> model name    : Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  T2330  @ 1.60GHz
> stepping    : 13
if it helps...

However the bug obviously is hardware specific since it works for you,
and I guess more people would have complained so far. So, word of
caution is in order for laptop users, especially those with this CPU
(and probably with the similar Core2-class CPU's and this chipset, which
is i960 IIRC), to check if scaling works ok for them. I for example
detected this error just because I have the CPU Frequency Scaling
Monitor applet loaded on the Gnome panel, so I've thus noticed it won't
budge any further from 800 MHz anymore...

--
A.Kromic