CPU frequency went down

A. Kromic akromic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 23:49:21 UTC 2010

On 08/12/10 23:10, NoOp wrote:

> You're running the maverick 10.10 kernel in 10.04?
> From your other post:
> <quote>
> My machine is ThinkPad R61i, CPU is Pentium DC 1.6G (lowest speed 800M,
> that's what I have now...) OS is Ubuntu Lucid (10.04LTS).
> </quote>

Yes, I'm running the Maverick (backport to LTS) kernel in Lucid. Or at
least i WAS running it...

I've also tested the last 32-27 kernel, but the bug is not fixed. Then I
decided to go through a tedious bug hunt process - I've installed all
previous kernels and booted them one by one. The results of the testing
showed that old Lucid kernels, 2.6.32-21 through *-24 work fine (i.e.
scaling works fine), while all *-25 kernels and newer don't. That
includes the last Lucid 2.6.32 and the last Maverick 2.6.35 backported
kernels.

I've worked around the problem now by using the newest kernel that
scales normally (the above mentioned 2.6.32-24). Now when it is (most
probably) sure the bug is in the kernel, I need to determine if I should
post a new bug against it, or is it already covered by one...

Regards,

--
A.Kromic