Adding a Slave drive need help on uuid setup

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Tue Dec 7 16:36:18 UTC 2010

  On 12/07/2010 10:09 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 7 December 2010 16:05, Larry Shields<larryesu at charter.net>  wrote:
>> I have replaced and installed a new slave drive that I have, now I would
>> like to know how to make it show up when booting up, so as to be able select
>> it when I boot up...
> What do you mean by being able to select it when you boot up.  Is
> there an operating system on it?
>
> Do you currently boot off the master drive?  What OS is on that?
>
> Does it now boot at all?
>
> Colin
>
>> Where must the uuid be changed, and what else do I need to do, any help
>> would be appreciated...
*Hi Colin,

What I mean is when my system boots up, it shows me all of my drives,
which gives me the option to choose which one to bootup, may it be
WINDOZE drive or my Linux drive...

Yes I currently boot off of my master drive and it is Ubuntu 10.4...

Like I said it shows up in the bios, telling me that the drive is there,
but I want it too show up in the menu.lst I think that is what comes up
when booting...I would have to do a reboot to make sure if that is what
it is called...

Now I did have a smaller hard drive which had windows xp on it, so when
I booted up, I have the choice to either start XP or Linux, now I want
it to be able too do the samething as it did before...But now since I
have replaced that drive, I am sure that the uuid needs to be changed
and what ever else that needs to be done for it to show up when I boot...

Hope that I have not confused you Colin...

Thanks for the reply...

Larry
*