Jousting? Really?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 7 11:10:06 UTC 2010

On 07/12/2010 05:23, Dick Dowdell wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au
> <mailto:blchupin at iinet.net.au>> wrote:
>
>     On 12/02/2010 03:27 PM, Mark wrote:
>     > On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:57 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net
>     <mailto:glgxg at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>     >
>     >> On 12/01/2010 03:23 PM, Mark wrote:
>     >> ...
>     >>
>     >>> Or do you have an issue with this that I/we should know?
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >> Do you have a resolution for the OP? If not then perhaps it
>     might be
>     >> better to not spend time jousting in OT subthreads with others.
>     >>
>     >>
>     > I wasn't jousting, I was asking if there was something else about
>     > Synaptic vs. other such tools I/we should know.
>     >
>     > I guess it's terrible form now for someone to answer a question and
>     > ask one in return. Â I'll try not to do that any more, since
>     it's such
>     > an offensive idea. Â Perhaps we shouldn't provide advice, either.
>     > How's that?
>     >
>     > Or, just maybe it would be better for the list members NOT to assume
>     > hostility behind the text on the screen when there might not be any,
>     > and in so doing generate the same.
>     >

>     Amen, but you asking for a heck of a lot......
>
>     BC
>

> Amen as well.  I sometimes get the impression that not all of our
> colleagues on this list have reached adulthood.  Users of Ubuntu come
> in all ages, shapes, sizes, and cultures.  To take offense where none
> is intended evokes the schoolyard, not a serious support list.

Only several minutes ago I posted a private post to a colleague of mine
which stated that as far as I am concerned most people (except him and
I) who post here are old fa**s - and that I have yet to identify anyone
who is 30 years old or less.

No young people participate in this list and therefore do not post here.

But what impresses me the most is that this list IS inhabited by people
of different cultures. I think that this is absolutely marvellous.

While I agree with you that users of Ubuntu come in all ages, shapes,
sizes, and cultures, the young ones don't post here and some of the
old-fa**s who do post have yet to reach adulthood: they are still living
out their days of glory when they were school yard bullies, and pulling
wings off butterflies.

Regards,

BC

--
Attorney:    Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
Witness:    Are you qualified to ask that question?