Screensaver asks my logiin twice...

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 01:52:02 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Ashim Kapoor <ashimkapoor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> When I leave my Ubuntu on the screen dims and asks my login 2 times. This is strange as it should happen only once ? Any 1 have any words of wisdom for me.
>
> Thank you,
> Ashim.

It's a bug that has already been reported:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screensaver/+bug/556255

One workaround is to kill the extra screensaver process. The duplicate
cannot start again; it only happens on boot. For some reason it
doesn't happen consistently. I remember having more trouble with it
under 10.4 than under 10.10, and more on one laptop than on another.