Fn Keys on an Asus 1005PG and UNR Lucid

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Sun Dec 5 16:14:59 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I followed the instructions to enable the Fn keys on my Asus EeePC 1005PG.

I added acpi and osi=Linux to the /etc/default/grub file.

It  worked for a while, but when I was trying to figure out for sure if I do
or I don't have a Bluetooth adapter, I played the acpi-support package and
now only the Brightness Fn keys work (Fn+F5 and Fn+F6).

I tried to re-run update grub and even re-install the system (formating only
my root (/) partition - no cigar...

I am deducing it has to do with some setting in my $HOME directory I have to
delete. Haven't tried renaming my $HOME directory yet.

I'd also like to make ALL the Fn keys work, especially the Fn+F3
to toggle the Touchpad state.

I found out I have to put the right scancode value for the key in the
/etc/acpi/events/asus-touchpad.

I can't find a way to get the scancode. showkey does not detect the Fn key
at all or the Fn+F3....

Any ideas?

Googling got me nowhere...

Thanks!