Ubuntu 10.10: DVD Playback Stopped Working After The Upgrade

Steve tinker123 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 16:15:48 UTC 2010

Hi Rotman;

Thank you much for responding to my email

2010/12/3 Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il>:
> try to install the 'regionset' package.

I did.  My DVD player was set to Region 1, as it has been for many
years.  The box for the DVD did not state the region, but did state
that the DVD was only for use in the US & Canada.   All the same, I
ran regionset to set the region, again/redunantly to "1".  I rebooted.
 No change.

> It might have nothing to do with the upgrade.

The DVD played fine immediately before the upgrade and the problem
appeared immediately after the upgrade ( 10.04 -> 10.10 )