Clicking on URl in Kmail opens OPenoffice.org

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Thu Dec 2 23:21:21 UTC 2010

On Thursday 02 December 2010 10:46:49 pm Richard Atcheson wrote:
> I'm  using Gnome Desktop.  The only kde app I'm using is Kmail which I
> brought over from Opensuse KDE4 which sucked so badly I quit anything
> suse.

Agreed, that's why I am on Ubuntu/Gnome now too. the only difference is that I
use Kmail from Trinity (KDE 3.5.12)... and it does load urls in my default
Gnome Browser. I have tried other mailers but none are as good as KMail for
me.

> As to KDE Control, that is what was used with the KDE Desktop but It
> aint there on Gnome and I havent found the equivalent. Hence, my current
> question.

I have the feeling that KDE elements use KDE settings. Have you tried
installing the KDE(4) control and change the settings there?

Thierry