Clicking on URl in Kmail opens OPenoffice.org

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 23:27:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 15:46 -0600, Richard Atcheson wrote:
> I tried to set up Evolution but so far no
> real luck.  I havent located where the Port number is set for pop so it wont
> get my emails from gmail.com. The help manual didnt.

easy peesy, just edit your email account preferences:

- In Identity
Name: ( I use "personal")
Full Name:  enter your name
Email Address: username at gmail.com

- in Receiving Email your server is: pop.gmail.com
your user name is your username at gmail.com (insert YOUR username)
set security to SSL encryption
Click Remember Password

- in Sending Email
server type is SMTP
Server is smtp.gmail.com
Use Secure Connection - TLS encryption
Auth - PLAIN
username username at gmail.com (insert YOUR unsername)

Hit the send/Receive button on the Evolution tool bar and, after a few
seconds, it should ask for your passwd. Send an email and it should ask
for your passwd. It should remember this.

IF THIS FAILS! Login to your gmail account, via the web. If someone has
spoofed your email address, gmail will want you to jump through some
hoops to prove you are who you say you are. Once you have done that,
then evolution should be able to receive and send email. Enjoy. Ric

Linux user# 44256