UNE 10.10 Printing & Unity tool bar issues STILL

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 03:16:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 13:29, Douglas S. Saylor <absdoug at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 10:31 +1100, Lachlan Musicman wrote:
>> Douglas, I don't mean to be the one to break this to you, but the UNE
>> 10.10 is a disaster. Either roll back to 10.04 or install a regular
>> desktop.
>
>   I don't understand HOW this disaster could have happen, BUT, it's SO
> close to being really good! I need to figure out getting ride of this
> icon & printing! AND isn't this Unity supposed to be standard in 11.04!?

I'm with you completely - I thought UNE 10.04 was great (and it still
had it's frustrations, eg - un-editable panel), and for the first two
days I used UNE 10.10  expecting to get the hang of it. But the hang
of it just never came, merely frustration after frustration. It really
now looks like an interface for a brain dead system, like a tablet
with a fully locked down app system (a la iPad) rather than something
you would use on an eeepc or equiv.

This article does a good summary:
http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/unr-maverick.html

cheers