How to bootup to a command prompt.....EASY!

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at
Mon Aug 30 20:23:08 UTC 2010

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 15:33 -0400, Tom H wrote:
>>> I'm not sure what's the point of this. To get to a konsole, hit
>>> CTRL-ALT-F1. To restart the running X11 sessions, simply invoke "sudo
>>> /etc/init.d/gdm restart". If everything is stuck and you want a reboot
>>> in a reasonable harmless, follow the alt-sysreq+REISUB method.
>> Fred's post was an interesting/entertaining way of creating the
>> equivalent of a CentOS/Fedora/RHEL runlevel 3 default boot.
> THAT is one thing I miss. Just "init 3" and there you are. Clean, simple
> and easy peasy. Ric

So Ric, why haven't you tweaked your Grub menu yet?

--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818
--- AIM - woyciesjes
--- CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech -
--- HDI Certified Support Center Analyst -
             Registered Linux user number 464583
"From there to here,
 From here to there,
Funny things