Network Manager Problem...

Larry Shields larryesu at
Mon Aug 30 11:11:46 UTC 2010

On 08/29/2010 08:41 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 29/08/2010 22:41, Larry Shields wrote:
>>> *I have a wireless connection to my wireless router, it show it is
>>> 100%, yet for some reason it drops the connection every minute or
>>> so...
> What do you mean by "drops the connection every minute"? Does it
> reconnect? If yes, how long is the link disconnected?
>> (Reverse the situation: if you read a message like the one you just
>> wrote, what would you need to know in order to try and help the
>> person? For example, which version of Ubuntu, what wireless
>> router,.....)
> Furthermore, what wireless card is in the Ubuntu machine?
> Nils
*Ok fellows - - I was in a rush, and had to leave, so I know I did not
give much detail, so here is what I can give you...

My wireless route is in another room, and on the computer I have an SMC
usb 2.0 adapter the smcwusb-n2, which has worked fine before...But now
for some reason my connection which is 100%, gets dropped about ever
min, or two, so I have too restart it...

I am running Ubuntu 10.4 Lucid, I was wondering if there is something
one can add to a script too keep it active...??? For when I try to
download a program, it stops after a period of time which is very

Thanks Larry