A little confused
glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 29 19:11:49 UTC 2010
On 08/29/2010 11:54 AM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> Antivirus is not needed in Linux.
Please don't start. Also please *read*
For the most part, Linux is engineered in a fashion that makes it hard
for viruses to run (click here for more info). However, there are many
reasons you might want a virus scanner on your Linux PC:
* to scan a Windows drive in your PC
* to scan a Windows-based network attached server or hard drive
* to scan Windows machines over a network
* to scan files you are going to send to other people
* to scan e-mail you are going to forward to other people
* some Windows viruses can run with Wine.
* Linux virus infections are theoretically possible
It depends on the environment, and in my case, the first 3 apply.
More information about the ubuntu-users