iPhone and Ubuntu

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Aug 26 18:00:15 UTC 2010

Just to let people know that this is working. I am able to load music on my
iPhone using rthymbox. I am able to download photos from it usig the
default Ubuntu tool for that, which I cannot remeber the name of at the
moment, and I am able to run iTunes, whcih is needed to backup, resore, and
do software updates on it using iTunes 9.02 installed in an XP image in
VirtualBox (the non OSE version).

So finally I do not have to go beg someone to use thier Windows machine
when I ned to deal with my iPhone.

It
s been along time getting here.