Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS released

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 15:19:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 6:19 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 23/08/2010 19:23, ms wrote:

>>> Isn't that just a testament to how long you've been polluting the list?
>>> Also, no one is getting banned, just stop your stupid damn whining.
>>> Lol, old people these days. :(
>>> They just ain't what they used to be, or in this case, maybe they are.
>>> Once a troll...
>>>
>>> ~SpaceGhost
>>>

>> No, I mean, isn't there a mail blocking mechanism? A way for stuff to be
>> filtered out?
>> This is a technical, public mailing list. People look for help here. If
>> people pollute it with false and misleading information, repeatidly,
>> this has to be stopped for the good of the service. It's a real problem.
>> It's even worse than spam.
>>
>> m.
>>

> It's all very much subjective, isn't?
>
> And it is a problem.
>
> What sort of blocking mechanism are you suggesting?
>
> My wife participates in a couple of forums and she typed, "skyscraper"
> in one of her posts - and this got REJECTED!
>
> Why?
>
> Because the word contained "rape".
>
> Don't want to read something? Simply hit the NEXT button...
You know, of all the things that's okay to joke about, you've hit one
of the things that really really isn't?
Kindly don't use rape as a tool to make some inane point, it's
entirely inappropriate. Especially here.
Secondly, internet white knighting is cute and all, but not really
helpful in any case.

~SpaceGhost