Button number assignments - where are they specified?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 22 23:08:05 UTC 2010

On 08/22/2010 07:01 AM, Chris G wrote:
> Where are the mouse button actions defined?  I.e. where is it defined
> that a double-click of button 1 will select a word and a single click
> of button 2 (middle) will paste it?
>
> Alternatively (and better for what I want to do probably) where are
> the button numbers assigned to 'Left', 'Middle' and 'Right'?

Short answer is on Lucid I don't know. However, you might try:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/gpointing-device-settings
and
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q=ubuntu+%2Blucid+%2Bmouse+configuration&btnG=Search>

Also in https://help.ubuntu.com/ search for 'xorg +mouse +10.04'
and you might find some helpful info that may not apply directly to your
mouse, but may give you some hints on how to configure. Example:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Logitech_Marblemouse_USB

Good luck.