My New Modem Won't Install

Frans Ketelaars ketelaars at wanadoo.nl
Sat Aug 21 16:41:59 UTC 2010

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 07:16:29 -0500, Nora Wilcox wrote:

<quote>

I just purchased a Novatel USB760 Modem from Verizon. It says on the
Verizon
website that it is compatable with Linux. But I can't get it to install on
my Dell Mini9 Netbook with Ubuntu.

I installed the Mobile Broadband device just fine on my Windows laptop.
So
I know the device is working.  It was "plug and play" in Vista, and a
wizard
did everything.  But I want to use this USB Broadband devive on my Netbook
which has Ubuntu.

I contacted both Dell and Verizon.  Neither was of any help.

Can anyone here give me some help?

Thank you so much!

</quote>

Googling for "Novatel USB 760 linux ubuntu 10.04" (without quotes) ->
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1535798 , so someone got it
working :)

Useful information you can give:
  -Ubuntu version
  -what you tried to install it and what happened

Good luck!

    -Frans